food pantries in North Portland
As a part of the Ecumenical Ministries of Portland, Northeast Emergency Food Program serves the urgent food needs of our North and Northeast Portland neighbors. We primarily serve:
• Families with children; over 40 percent of our recipients are children.
• The working poor.
• People with special needs, including the sick and the elderly.
• Immigrants and refugees.
• Three to five day supply of nutritious groceries (up to three times in a six-month period).
• Produce and bread (as available) daily.
• Gently used clothing for the whole family.
• Weekend food backpacks to homeless children in neighborhood schools.
Open from 1 to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Luther Memorial Lutheran Church.