The Goose Hollow Family Shelter is a temporary emergency shelter at Portland’s First United Methodist Church. Homeless families from throughout the metropolitan area are welcome there.
– Sleeping space where the family gets to stay together, not separated as in other shelters
– Dinner and breakfast
– Showers with all toiletries and hygiene products provided
– Laundry facilities
– Access to computers, a telephone, and a mailing address
– A small amount of storage space for families to keep their personal belongings
– Enrichment and recreational time for children each night
The Goose Hollow Family Shelter serves up to 24 people nightly, November through March.
Night Strike is a weekly gathering under the Burnside Bridge on the park side of Naito Parkway to help serve members of Portland’s homeless community. Night Strike provides Portland’s homeless an opportunity to hang out, enjoy a hot meal, receive a free hair cut, shave, have their feet washed and have their old shoes/clothes/sleeping bags replaced. It is also a chance for you to share in the experience, help serve the needs of the homeless in our community, and more importantly, invest in lives and build relationships with the people you meet.
We meet every Thursday night at 7:00pm at Liberation Street Church.