The Goose Hollow Family Shelter is a temporary emergency shelter at Portland’s First United Methodist Church. Homeless families from throughout the metropolitan area are welcome there.
– Sleeping space where the family gets to stay together, not separated as in other shelters
– Dinner and breakfast
– Showers with all toiletries and hygiene products provided
– Laundry facilities
– Access to computers, a telephone, and a mailing address
– A small amount of storage space for families to keep their personal belongings
– Enrichment and recreational time for children each night
The Goose Hollow Family Shelter serves up to 24 people nightly, November through March.
Portland Rescue Mission provides a broad range of social services to help men and women take their first steps toward a life free of addiction and homelessness. With programs ranging from providing basic needs to help people overcome addiction, The Mission strives to help individuals change their lives.
Hot, nutritious meals — 365 days a year. Breakfast is served daily at 7:00 a.m. Dinner served daily at 6:00 p.m. Lunch is served Saturday and Sunday at 12:30 p.m.
Rose Haven serves women and children experiencing the trauma of abuse, loss of home and other disruptive life challenges. Rose Haven’s mission is to maintain a safe, respectful community while providing our guests with support and services to assist them in regaining stability in their lives.